Benefits of Massage Therapy
Massage is a very effective techniques that is often used in physiotherapy treatment. It is a great way to relax as well as promote healing to injured or overused muscles and joints.
The proven benefits of massage include:
- Relaxing stiff, tight, tense and sore muscles from over-activity or sub-optimal posture
- Promoting and speeding up healing response
- Removing lactic acid build up after a workout
- Improving circulation after an acute injury
- Improving range of movement and joint flexibility
- Improving oxygen and blood flow to body tissues
- Improving mental well-being and relieve stress
- Improving sports performance and recovery
- Decreasing muscle spasm
What are the different types of massages available?
- Myofascial release
- Trigger point release
- Deep tissue massage
- Soft tissue release
- Remedial massage
- Sports massage
- Relaxation massage
Massage can be used as a treatment technique for an injury or even just to help you relax. If you are interested in having a massage as part of your treatment session, just let your physiotherapist know.